A sample cylinder is required for every GSM system and should be ordered separately when purchasing a new GSM. Various configurations of sample cylinder assemblies, defined as Grab Sample Cylinders (GSC), are available.
- Five standard cylinder sizes (150, 300, 400, 500, & 1000 cm3)
- Multiple cylinder and valve material options
- With or without purge bypass tube
- Choice of quick connects
- Outage tubes, needle valves, rupture discs, and carrying handles (See Swagelok Sample Cylinder Accessories)
- Cylinder treatment/certification
- Stem and body protectors
- PTFE coated inner wall, SilcoNert® coating, or electropolished inner diameter
- DOT or TPED approved
GSC Assembly Descriptions
Swagelok offers two types of GSC assemblies.
|A cylinder assembly for general use or for use with GSM systems without a purge option.
|| A cylinder assembly for use with GSM systems with a purge option specified.
Regardless of orientation and implementation, the flow direction on all GSC isolation valves is away from the cylinder. Needle valves have a preferential shutoff direction for restraining pressure and the valve will be oriented such that it is best situated for resisting the internal pressure of the cylinder.
See the Grab Sampling Systems Application Guide for specifics on GSC materials of construction, press-temperature ratings and dimensions.
Call or email your authorized Swagelok representative. If you're ready to buy, you can make your website selection here.