Technical Testing with the associated ECITB certificate of achievement plays a key role in validating a candidates skill, ability and job knowledge in a specific task or activity. Each Technical Test contains 10 questions and a practical activity on the specified test. These tests are grant aided for ECITB registered employers.
Mechanical Joint Integrity Technical Tests
- TMJI10 - Technical Competence - Hand Torque Flange
- TMJI11 - Technical Competence - Hand Torque Clamp
- TMJI18 - Technical Competence - Hydraulic Tension Flange
- TMJI19 - Technical Competence - Hydraulic Torque Flange
- TMJI20 - Technical Competence - Hydraulic Torque Clamp
Dates and Availability
For a list of our scheduled test dates, please click on your preferred location.
Who can take a Technical Test?
- Newly trained workers who have an ECITB MJI Approved Course Certificate AND a completed Work Based Task Assignment (WBTA) record.
- Experienced Workers who have a company letter of endorsement confirming attendance at hand/hydraulic torque and/or tensioning training or copies of pertinent ECITB certificates (where applicable) and that the individual has workplace experience in the MJI subject area they are being tested in.
Experienced Worker Definition: The individual would have a mechanical background typically from an apprenticeship route such as mechanical, pipefitting, plating and experience in the engineering construction industry, with verifiable relevant and sustained recent experience in mechanical joint integrity activities. The individual would hold safety certificates such as the CCNSG Safety Passport or BOISET/MIST certificates.
- Private individuals will be required to submit a detailed CV with two referees regarding MJI activities carried out regularly and copies of pertinent ECITB certificates (where applicable) or other training certificates to the Test Centre before the test session. This will indicate that the individual has previous hand/hydraulic torque and/or tensioning training or pertinent ECITB Endorsed Course attendance and has workplace experience demonstrated in the CV on the MJI subject area to be tested in.
Technical Test Length
One to two hours - maximum 2 candidates per test.
ECITB Certificate of Achievement - Reassessment every 3 years.
ECITB Certified Examiner
Mechanical Joint Integrity Model
To download a copy of the 4 Stage ECITB/Step Change in Safety MJI Model click here
For further details about the MJI Technical Tests or to speak to one of our Training Team, please email scots.training@Swagelok.com or call +44 (0)1224 759916.